Sunday, 1 February 2009

foreword

I lie Lifeless,
inanimate,
still and

waiting.

flat and bodyless
like a 2D cartoon character
that's not a real boy.

then, all of a sudden,
your breath is breathed into me,
a torrent of Life
cascading into the whirlpool of my former frustrated emptiness,
my nothingness,
filling me
and shaping me,
expanding my outside
with your inside.

and as I'm completed
you let me go
let me out
free me into the explorative
abyss
sailing on the skies of liberation,
commanded by your winds of undulated change.
they caress me, toss and wild me,
juggle me, excite me, wrestle me, beguile me,
make me dance
whilst toying with my fragility
taking me so dangerously
close

*gasp

...and yet what am I? what can you see?
I am quite undefinable
were it not for my surrounds-
my invisibility
floundered by everything else but me,
my aesthetic is your reflection:
were there nothing but me
i too would nothing be.

if I touched you,
you would feel,
and then i would stop.



close again.
but away.
floating.
drifting.
rising.
sinking.
huh?






...pop.













1 comment:

  1. Andrew this is brilliant! Genius piece of writing. It is probably one of my ffavourite poems of all time now.

    I love the twist at the end, when suddenly a whole other realm of meaning and explanation is given, and simply with one word, pop!.I HAD to go back and reread it, and see the parallel representations unfold. Who knew we had so much in common with bubbles?

    "my aesthetic is your reflection:
    were there nothing but me
    i too would nothing be"

    ReplyDelete